Saturday, December 5, 2009

Baby it's cold outside...



Welcome to another installment of Saw Studios. First off I would like to compliment you on you taste in blogs, no seriously... Thank you!



So I Had this Idea for a satellite receiver station way in the middle of nowhere. So at some time, it was destroyed, and now the snow has started to erase it from the landscape.




It is rather bland, as any fine detail, was covered by the snow (goodbye precious bits). I found the easiest way to achieve the kind of snow I see around here, I mixed white glue/water at a ratio of 60/40 respectively. It was also a challenge as I had to actively sculpt inclines in sections, as the glue was drying. I found that baking soda works well, with some sugar mixed in lightly for sparkle/grain.



Up close I am really happy with the access panels, as I made them look like they were shot, and or pry ed open. There is rust forming on the exposed parts, and a hint of frayed wires sticking out.




Another view of a second access panel structure.



I hope that you are not to cold to let me know what you think. In the future, I'm thinking of making a mountain terrain, like huge glacier area. Great views, little cover.....


As always, thanks for reading, and send me a note if there's something you'd like to see on here.



S


No comments:

Post a Comment